2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Red Fresno Pepper, seeded and finely minced
½ lb Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
½ cup White Wine
2 pints Cherry Tomatoes, halved
½ lb Orecchiette Pasta
2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a generous amount of salt, bring to a boil.
2) In a large non-stick skillet with high sides, preheat your oil over medium heat, add the garlic, chili pepper, and parsley and let them cook for a couple minutes or until fragrant and the garlic is lightly browned.
3) This is the point where you add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions, drain well once cooked but make sure to reserve ½ cup of the starchy cooking water.
4) Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet with the garlic mixture and let those cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Add the wine and let it cook for just a couple minutes so that the alcohol can cook out.
6) Add the crab and season with salt and pepper and allow that to cook for 3 to 4 minutes so that the crab has a chance to warm all the way through and its flavor can penetrate the sauce.
7) Add the drained pasta to the sauce along with the basil and stir well to combine, add in some of the starchy cooking water to thin the sauce out a little if you feel it needs it.